As an Entrepreneur this talent is very similar to leadership with the main difference being nurturing. Leaders get the vision and move forward, sometimes they do not look behind them to see if anyone is getting left behind. A Shepherd (or Pastor) looks for those that may be lost or falling behind. If you find yourself compassionately seeing where others are in your organization and spending time nurturing people where they are at in life, this may be your gift.
See 1 Peter 5:1-11
People with this Gift:
- take responsibility to nurture the whole person in their walk with God
- provide guidance and oversight to a group of God’s people
- model with their life what it means to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus
- establish trust and confidence through long-term relationships
- lead and protect those within their span of care
The important thing here is to know the gifts of others in your team so you can ask them to assist you in the nurturing of others. Many times people need to be told how to apply their talents in their business AND in God’s Church. Reach out to me if I can assist you in this area.
In His Service,